Everyday is a Saturday!

Life in Lockdown (day 10) - Ellie Barkley

Being in quarantine has had it’s highs and lows. It has also felt very weird, like every day is a Saturday, because of getting up later and going to bed later than normal. My mum still wants us to keep a routine. So after breakfast I like to get all my school work done. This normally takes me up to lunch time. I am missing my friends but I do try keeping in touch with them by face-time. 

I also like to keep myself busy: 
           ...by doing some baking. I’ve baked scones, ham and cheese slices, Easter nests and flapjacks. I really enjoy baking it helps take my mind off what’s happening in the world.



             ...I used to do gymnastics at the leisure centre, so instead I go on face-time with my two friends and we do our routines together. I also love going for a cycle 2-3 times a week, it gets me some fresh air and is a nice way to clear my head.

            ...It’s been nice spending more time at home with family, even though my dad is still working. He also has had to wear protective gear which gave us all a laugh. 

            ...The other day I painted a rainbow to put up on the living room window, because it shows that we still have hope!



Here is a verse that I like which helps me:


"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:9-10

Thinking of you all in these challenging times. 
God bless and stay safe.
Ellie





Comments

  1. Ellie - Thank you so much for sharing with us... i have really enjoyed reading it! You should be on Bake Off!!! All that amazing food made me Hungry. In fact, we should run a bake off when we get through this, as there are now so many young people baking!
    Such a great Psalm to finish with!!
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment