Chilled, and new things!


Life in Lockdown (day 13) - Calum Barkley

So far, I haven’t minded being in quarantine. It’s been nice to just chill out, but recently I have started to feel a little more bored each day. I do try to keep a routine, somewhere along the lines of:
·       - Waking up at 8.30/9.00
·       - Doing schoolwork until about lunchtime
·       - Going for a run, on my bike or just any exercise I can do
·       - Then just relaxing


It’s been important to stay in touch with friends, and I loved the way we did the YF Zoom call on Friday. I can’t wait until we do more of those so I can win some more prizes. The pizza was lovely by the way!

It is kind of sad to not be going to school, mostly because I can’t see all my friends that I’m used to seeing on a weekly basis. The last day felt like that scene from Doctor Who when David Tennant says, “I don’t wanna go” (look it up if you don’t understand). But it’s been nice to keep in touch with everyone online and it’ll be nice to see everyone face to face, whenever that will be.

Quarantine has got me to start some new things, like a bit of coding here and there, going on a run three times a week and I’ve even ended up doing some gardening! Fortunately, I haven’t started baking just yet.



Lastly, I just wanted to add in a bible verse that tells us we should all have hope;

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.



I hope everybody is keeping safe during these hard times, and I can’t wait until we all get to see each other again.

Calum

Comments

  1. Hey Calum, thank you so much for writing the blog. I've loved how you've taken it all in your stride... and how you are now learning new things!! i also look forward to when things get back to normal and we can all hang out and see each other again! ... Ps. glad you liked the Pizza!! Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment