Porridge and Rainbows


Lockdown (day 3) ~ Megan Thompson

Lockdown for me has had its ups and downs. I’ve tried to be productive with my day, so I decided that it would be a great idea to make up a daily workout routine to exercise and keep fit. It was much harder than I thought it would be but I always love the after feeling when you’ve accomplished something which you found really tough. It always puts me in a better mood.

After my workout I decided I wanted to make porridge because I hadn’t had it in quite a while and I felt it was a good idea. So I had it all sorted and I put it in the microwave. But... when I lifted it out, it had exploded everywhere, which my mum found hilarious. So I then had to spend time cleaning up the mess it left. I really am the best chef!

I then spent the rest of my afternoon doing schoolwork. Because of the virus, I now have to teach myself all of my classes which is quite hard, but I know I need to do it otherwise I will be behind and it will be much harder for me next year with GCSEs. Although keeping on track of things can be very challenging.



I ended my day by going on a walk with my family. It gave me a chance to reflect on everything that’s going on right now. As I walked past all the houses with rainbows stuck to their windows, it made me realise just how much hope people still have. There are so many people putting their trust in God and sharing his love which is exactly what is needed at this time. I find this just incredible!


God bless, Megan   🌈

Comments

  1. Megan, thank you so much for sharing with us! love that you exploded your porridge lol... i also love what you said about the rainbows, that's so encouraging! Dx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment