I want my Ukulele!!

Life in lockdown (day 8) - Eloise McCormick

Isolation hasn’t been too bad, even though I can’t see most of my friends I try to keep in touch with all of them and i have been trying to keep my self busy. I have really enjoyed baking - I've made lots of different things like…
  • ·         Honeycomb
  • ·         Cinnamon rolls
  • ·         Banana muffins
  • ·         Mug cakes

Around 2 weeks ago I just couldn’t stop thinking about a ukulele. So I asked my mum if I could order one online and she said yes. I couldn’t have been any more excited, and even better it was supposed to come on that following Thursday .....but it didn’t arrive and it still isn’t here!  

Now, every time I hear the door - I think that it is here but it's normally just some post or something. I’m still waiting…. 😒

One thing i do like, is going on dog walks - i now go nearly every day.  They usually take about 2 hours and Toto and Tilly (my dogs) love it. There are usually no paths where we like to go, so we need to be very careful near the road as the dogs sometimes don’t get over to the side very quickly, then me and my mum end up arguing about it!


For those of you that know my new puppy Tilly.... she has changed! She doesn’t sleep in her crate any more...and she barks so much that I have to bring her up to sleep in my room (which i secretly love!) ...but i'm not a fan when i have to get up when she is crying at 530am/630am.... (but most of the time my mum hears her and takes her out while I sleep 😊)

I know i said at the beginning of this blog that it hasn't been so bad being in isolation... but actually it has been a little stressful, but i get through by praying about everything and for everyone I love and hope they stay safe. If anyone is finding it hard, I hope you know that I am here if you need to talk. 

Some amazing bible verses that encourage me are:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but power, love and self discipline.  
2 Timothy 1:7

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7




Praying for you all, Eloise 












Comments

  1. Eloise, thank you so much for sharing with us... i cant wait to taste your honeycomb and hear you play the Ukulele (if it ever comes!)... I also really enjoyed reading your verses - they are such an encouragement! Dianne x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment