Composition and Coffee!


Lockdown (day 4) ~ Rebekah Taylor

Being in lockdown has already had its ups and downs but overall it has been ok. Every day I’ve been leaning new skills such an origami.  I can now make an origami butterfly - I have made loads in the past week. 

My day began waking up early this morning and trying to be productive, but that backfired a wee bit because my mum was out and therefore, she wasn’t there to moan at me to get up and do school work! So I ended up spending the morning doing a music composition in my pyjamas. It wasn’t all that fun, and I think my family are sick of hearing the same piece.


My mum has been making us meet in the morning for five minutes to share stuff that we're grateful for.  So far the things my family have been grateful for range from Lego and cheese, to sunny days, and not having Coronavirus!......I have a weird family!

While I was doing my composition, my mum was out shopping from 8.30am to 10.30am. It took so long because Asda had long queues as they didn’t want too many people in the store. The queue was so far from the store that it reached the zebra crossing! 


When she came back, I can honestly say I have never seen our cupboards so full. We have so much, but knowing my family - it will only last a week. (Actually my mum says it won’t even last a week!)

I can now say I just about know how to make a coffee. After making coffee and having lunch, I went to my room where i sat watching a few movies. Then i wrote in my quarantine diary! I am writing a quarantine diary to keep track of what I do, so that I can do something different every single day. I would recommend you try it and try a new thing each day.


While I was doing all that, my dad, brother and sister went on a bike ride....... but I didn’t want to go.

I also had my first piano lesson via WhatsApp this evening.  It was very strange not having my teacher with me in the room but on a screen.  It was more difficult for her to explain things as she couldn’t properly show me, but it was better than not getting lessons for however long this lockdown lasts. 

Oh, and we made pizza for dinner...... It was some good pizza.  

Then I went on a walk with my dad and wee brother across some fields nearby.  It was very muddy but good to explore somewhere new.  My parents have decided that we are going to take a family walk most evenings.....  All of us! 😒 I don’t really want to go, but I’m made to go anyway.  I hate it at the start ....but i normally enjoy it by the end. Actually, It is nice to be altogether (as long as my sister isn’t being annoying).

Anyway, Stay safe and try not to catch the Coronavirus (like poor old Boris)

Rebekah 











Comments

  1. Rebekah... this is brilliant! i love your dry sense of humour... something i am grateful for. Its a great idea to begin your day remembering what we are grateful for..."counting our blessings" ...we all have something to be grateful for..... i like that!! Also, i cant wait to read your quarantine diary.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment