Cinnamon rolls and a haircut!


Lockdown (Day 2) - Josh Campbell-Smyth


Lockdown has been a lot of fun - From getting my haircut by my little brother 😮 ...to making cinnamon rolls when I was bored. But, it has had its highs and lows. At times I've been so bored that I just want to sleep to pass the time and other times I am constantly on the phone. I'm missing my friends but I'm finding fun and new ways of communicating with them.




Now that GCSEs are cancelled it feels like I have nothing to do, nothing to work for. I've been trying to get more involved with my faith as the time in isolation goes on. 

One verse that's helped me a lot is Joshua 1:9, I would highly recommend looking it up as it talks about having strength and at a time like this I think we all need strength in different ways. 

Hope you are all doing ok? .... I'll be praying for all of you!

Josh




ps. Heres the recipe for cinnamon rolls: they really are great, you should try them!!
https://tasty.co/recipe/40-minute-cinnamon-rolls.


Ingredients

for 9 cinnamon rolls
DOUGH
  • nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
  • 5 ¼ cups all purpose flour(655 g), plus more for dusting
  • 1 ¾ cups whole milk(420 mL), warm to the touch
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup granulated sugar(100 g)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons instant yeast
FILLING
  • 1 ¼ cups brown sugar(250 g)
  • ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
FROSTING
  • 4 oz cream cheese(110 g), softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar(110 g)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Comments

  1. Josh, I'm loving the blog!! Thank you! and i can't wait to try the cinnamon rolls! P.s Loving the hair.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment