A bike ride and funky hot chocolate!

Lockdown (day 7) - Beth Brannigan

So far in the Brannigan household, lockdown has been interesting to say the least. Everyone is running around doing stuff. For example mum has decided to start some intense spring cleaning and unfortunately that means we’re all involved!

For the past week I’ve been doing all sorts of things, sleeping, doing school work, sleeping, gardening, sleeping, baking, lying on the floor…

So I’ve decided to take up some hobbies in my spare time, for example I am currently challenging myself to do something creative each night, like a drawing or making something.

My Sunday past started when someone woke me up at around 10:50. I went downstairs just in time to watch the church service and eat this really nice bread that my mum baked. Afterwards we watched my dad giving a pre-recorded sermon in a different church, we were so weirded out because he was sitting right next to us and he was also talking from the computer screen.  We had to turn it off after 2 minutes, dad was weirded out as well..

I then went outside to go see my rabbit who was grumpy, probably because I didn’t bring her second breakfast, and then I went inside again to find that my family had all disappeared and gone and done their own thing. So then I went back to sleep…

When I woke up again we all had a Mexican lunch in the garden. Grace sat on the slide and ate her lunch while we all sat at the table and she managed to drop multiple nachos down the slide.

Afterwards dad had this fun idea that we should all go on a small bike ride, my mum and Emily stopped at Ballyclare park while Grace, Dad and I continued on to Doagh…  except we ended up in Parkgate, 5 miles away from home! There were so many hills, I was so out of breath by the time we got there.  Anyway we then stopped for a break and drank 10 month out of date hot chocolate which tasted kinda funky and Grace started coughing up some dry lumps of hot chocolate that had gotten stuck to the bottom of the cup. It was not fun.


Afterwards we cycled another 5 miles home, the wind was gushing against us and I honestly thought my face was going to fall off it was so cold. When I got home I found a weird concoction that my mum made, it was this cloudy soup that seemed to have mushrooms, bacon and noodles in it. I ate it though (it was actually really good) and then I watched TV.  I’m fairly sure tomorrow won’t be like this.

Anyway, to finish, I just want to share a verse



 - Beth :) 




Comments

  1. Beth!! I love this.... i remember doing a 3 day cycle ride - thought i was going to die! lol...i cycled around a lake and came back with only my right hand side sun burnt! ...i didn't feel the need to cycle again lol.. Well done!! I also love that you are finding something creative to do each day.... keep all that you make - i want to do an exhibition of all the creative stuff people have done when this is all over... keep creating - i look forward to seeing it all! Dx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment